History of the Commission
Established by Executive Order 24, the Commission on Inclusion advises and identifies policies and measures that would promote inclusion and address discrimination, harassment and retaliation based on prohibited grounds.
The commission aims to provide strategies that promote economic efficiency, accountability, attract, grow, and retain an excellent workforce.
About the Commission
The NC Commission on Inclusion is comprised of members from state government, private businesses and non-profit organizations. Its charges are to:
- Assist the Department of Administration & Office of State Human Resources with carrying our their duties in Section III of Executive Order 24:
- Issuing guidance to agencies, boards, commissions and departments that addresses state government non-discrimination policy
- Issue guidance addressing discrimination, retaliation, and harassment based upon prohibited grounds in state procurements
- Reporting periodically on efforts to comply with and implement the Executive Order
- Identify additional policies and measures that would promote inclusion and address discrimination, harassment, and retaliation based upon prohibited grounds
The commission meets at the request of the Secretary of the Department of Administration.
|2023 Meeting Dates|
|April 5 at 1 p.m.|
|July 12 at 1 p.m.|
|Oct. 11 at 1 p.m.|
|Dec. 6 at 1 p.m.|
For meeting minutes, email Jordan Hanna email@example.com
Want to Serve? Find Your Fit!
Members of the public interested in joining one of the over 300 North Carolina boards and commissions can apply for Governor appointment online. If interested in joining a DOA board or commission, you can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to be considered when there are open positions.
2023 Commission Members
|Member Name||Professional Affiliations||Contact Information|
|Shae Albrecht||Manager, Red Hat DEI Strategic Recruitment Partnersemail@example.com|
|Delores Ali||Executive Director, NC Student Success Center for NC Community College System
|Nancy Astrike||Director, NC Office of State Human Resources Diversity & Workforce Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cristina Espana||Deputy Director of DEI, Office of the Governoremail@example.com|
|Glenda Farrell||NC Office of State Human Resources||984-236-0818
|Cristal Figueroa||Political Director, Poder NC Actionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chauncy Barnhill||SVP, Operations Director, Wells Fargo
Chairman, Disability:IN NC
|Dr. Charisse Hollingsworth||Human Services Researcher, American Institutes for Researchemail@example.com|
|Aleshia Hunt||Student Government Association Financial Advisor, East Carolina Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paula Kohut, P.A.||Lawyer, Kohut & Adams, P.A.||910-815-4066
|Lydia Lavelle||Professor of Law, NC Central University||919-530-7464
|Barbara Rimer, PHD, MPH||Dean, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health||919-966-3215
|Andrew Spainhour||SVP, General Counsel, Replacements, Inc.||336-697-3000
Chair, Morganton Human Relations Council
CEO, Select 2000