- NORMAL Parking Policies are in effect
State Parking Inclement Weather Policy
When inclement weather creates potentially unsafe conditions in parking facilities within the Downtown State Government Complex, State Parking will implement one of the following weather response plans. The implementation of a weather response plan will be announced here and on the DOA website.
Moderate Weather Conditions:
- If weather requires closing an employee section of a parking deck or surface lot, signs will be placed at the entrances of the facility and/or at the top of the ramps to notify employees of the closure.
- Reserved parking will be suspended and employees may park in any space in their assigned deck or lot. If there is no available parking in their assigned facility, the employee should immediately contact the State Parking Division at (919) 807-4499 for alternate parking options. This also applies to customers with permit parking.
- Towing will be suspended for that facility until the inclement weather policy is lifted.
- If an individual space is unusable due to snow or ice (or any other unsafe condition), but parking areas or sections have not been closed, the employee assigned to the affected space may park in a visitor parking area without making payment, provided that:
- The employee immediately advises their parking coordinator of the situation.
- The parking coordinator contacts State Parking and provides the name of the employee.
- Upon exiting, the employee must show their state employee ID to the attendant.
Extreme Weather Conditions:
- Visitor parking operations will be suspended and gates in these areas will be raised.
- Employee gates will be raised.
- Signs will be placed at the entrances of the facility and/or tops of ramps notifying employees of the closure.
- Employees assigned to surface lots that have been severely affected may park in an open deck or visitor area without making payment. You must show your state employee ID to the attendant in order to exit without paying.
- Reserved parking will be suspended and employees may park in any space in their assigned deck or lot. If there is no available parking in their assigned facility, the employee should immediately contact the State Parking Division at (919) 807-4499 for alternate parking options. Please do not use the visitor parking areas, as these spaces are needed to accommodate visitors and employees who may be displaced from their assigned surface lot due to ice and/snow.
- Employees in underground decks (Decks 17 and 65) that are impacted may use the visitor areas.
- Once conditions clear:
- Signs will be removed.
- Parking Coordinators will receive an email notifying them to move back to their assigned space.
- State Parking will use email and the State Parking website to advise parking coordinators and employees of when this policy is in force.
Any exceptions to, or deviations from, this policy that are necessary to address other situations which may impact employee parking will be communicated as timely as possible to affected employees through their Departmental Parking Coordinator and the State Parking Division website.
This page was last modified on 12/21/2022