State Surplus State Entity FAQs

State Entity FAQs

Tab/Accordion Items

Yes and no. You may bid on items that are not from your agency. You cannot bid on items that came from your agency even if you were not the custodian of that item.

State agencies wishing to transfer or purchase items can have them held for three days to allow time to arrange transportation.

State Surplus has recycling contracts for electronic waste, scrap metal, used oil, and tires. Please enter the pickup of your recycled items into the State Surplus database so we can correctly distribute your funds. Please contact Chris Carrington at 919-814-5618 for information.

Please email our office at or call 919-814-5600 for information on how to register for a scheduled training session on using the Surplus Property System. Training sessions are offered multiple times a month.